Sunday 13 December 2015

Christmas Market

It seemed there was a thin invisible string
that connected my time and yours,
tied together in that exact moment
when we met - beside the highway
under the overpass, in overflow parking,
and somehow I wasn't surprised, as if
we had already made plans to meet
and I was expecting to see you there.

The wind is pulling at my grey woolen coat
and chilling my toes like frozen popsicles.
Little huts in cheery rows with green trim,
and twinkling lights fluttering in the wind
Bring warmth and rosiness to my cheeks,
as do both your smiles floating beside me.
Ornaments in wood and glimmering gold
are piled high in stacks and rows, and
the smell of wood fires and cooked meat
fills the cold air with smoky heat.

A delightful afternoon and chance to
reconnect in a fresh way, with no
expectations or preconceived ideas.




Written Thursday, December 13, 2012 - 12:14pm

No comments:

Post a Comment